Hey there. Dave here with a few notes. First — from now on, I’ll be posting updates on M,W,F.

Next, we’re finally up on iTunes! Go check it out. And feel free to leave a review if you’re getting any enjoyment out of this podcast.

Back with an update in which I talk about my new favorite exercise — playing.

I also talked about a short story I’m writing, Terms of Service, which we’ll be giving out free to Goners on our list this week.

I also mentioned Buddy Gott’s new walking podcast.

Buddy’s Walking Show.

Though I didn’t mention them in the podcast, here’s a few other readers who have been inspired by me, or by me and other writers, to do a walking podcast. Thanks, guys. Glad to see more people joining the walking podcast movement!

Michael La Ronn’s podcast

The Walking Rob

The Walking Dave Episode 9 — Playing

Listen below

Or right click and save:

TheWalkingDavePodcast-Episode-9

See you tomorrow with a non-podcast post where I talk about homophobia and my favorite writer.

Join the conversation! 9 Comments

1. Enjoying all of the podcasts. It’s been interesting learning about all of the people behind them.

I can’t wait for tomorrows post and hearing more about me, your favorite writer.

2. I feel like I should jump on this bandwagon as well. Regular walks on the beach would surely help with my weight loss, although considering it’s just turned winter and is currently pissing down…maybe Erica’s Treadmill Podcast would be a better idea πŸ˜›

3. Another great episode, Dave. Thanks for the shout out and the nice words!

4. Dave, do you monitor your heart rate while you’re walking? I remember from somewhere that you get a lot faster improvement if you’re heart rate goes over 120 or 150, something like that. The volume of air you breath correlates pretty directly to calories burned, so increasing your ability to absorb oxygen is a strong step toward weight loss.

For me, a lot of the problem with getting back into shape is making myself exercise at the moments I have time. My schedule is pretty rigid, so if I “don’t feel like it” at the wrong time, it doesn’t happen.

The autopilot drug sounds like a horror story. πŸ˜€ Imagine the potential for abuse… and the fallout even if it works perfectly. Society becomes little more than a swarm of drones scurrying about their tasks as suddenly EVERYONE becomes hard-working overachievers. There’s crazy advancements all over the place, but little humanity left. People lose the ability to relate to each other. Reminds me of the beginning of Neuromancer, too.

5. Hey Dave πŸ™‚
    I’m so happy for you that things are going well and you’re feeling more energetic and all. Keep it up!
    It’s hard not to be tempted to jump on the short podcast bandwagon. I thought perhaps a “commuting to work while bitching about traffic” one is in order, since none of my walking takes place anywhere quiet enough to record. But then I might just cause an accident, Plus my carefully constructed faΓ§ade of being a nice, likeable person will come crashing down with the first bout of road rage, so perhaps I’ll give it a miss lol
    Finally, allow me to speak for the female audience here and say we would not mind video at all πŸ˜›

6. Great episode. Good to hear about the family time with your son. That’s always good stuff. And thanks for the shout out!

7. Guess we all need to start walking now. Apparently it boosts creativity:

8. Does that mean that on all other days we’ll be subjected to a Decoy Dave? o.O

Evil Dr. Osprey will accept no substitutions, sir!